Over 20 events took place across Oxford during Fairtrade Fortnight 2005, and the Fairtrade City Coalition were highly commended in the Fairtrade Foundation awards for their actions handing out over 1000 maps of Fairtrade suppliers in the city center to shoppers coming into town on Oxford’s Park & Ride bus services.
You can download the full programme of events that took place in this flyer.
The programme included:
- A Nicaragua day with Salsa dancing and food tastings
- Events at the Oxford Botanical Gardens
- A Fairtrade Market in Gloucester Green
- Free fairtrade tastings at fairtrade@stmichaels
- Seminars and talks including a talk on Campesino Craft Women in rural Paraguay
- An ethical fashion show
- Dinner and talk with a Fairtrade producer
- Displays of fairly traded knitted products
- A Civic Service celebrating Fairtrade in Oxford City.