It’s our 10th anniversary as a Fairtrade City – and we want to celebrate Oxford’s commitment to working for a fairer trading system for producers around the world. We’ve got events planned (see below) … but we also wanted a little online competition to spread the word.
So over 10 days in Fairtrade Fortnight (Wednesday, 26 February to Saturday, 1 March and Monday, 3 March to Saturday, 8 March), we’ll tweet a question every day on @oxfairtrade at noon. The questions will relate to Fairtrade in general, or to Fair Trade in Oxford. Answers should be emailed to email@example.com.
Questions (each day’s question is posted on the website the day after it’s posted on Twitter)
4. Which Oxford Fair Trade shop celebrated its 10th anniversary last year & hosts a banana event today? Answers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
#Fairtrade schools & places of worship offer key support for Fairtrade. Email email@example.com naming 1 of them
We have six super prizes. We want to spread the Fairtrade goodness around, so only one prize per person.
- The first UK resident to send in 3 correct answers will receive a scrumptious Fairtrade chocolate bar.
- If you haven’t won a prize yet, and you’re the first UK resident with 5 correct answers, you’ll get tea & cake at one of the city’s yummy Fairtrade- serving cafes.
- If you haven’t won a prize yet, and you’re the first UK resident with 7 correct answers, you’ll receive a prize from our fashionable Fair Trade friends at Trading for Development.
- If you haven’t won a prize yet and you’re the first UK resident with 8 correct answers, you’ll get some delicious Fairtrade Malawian tea from the wonderful Exclusive Roots in St Giles
- If you haven’t won a prize yet and you’re the first UK resident with 9 correct answers, you’ll be able to enjoy a marbled Cocoa Loco Easter egg from the fabulous Windmill Shop in Headington.
- And if haven’t won a prize yet and you’re the first UK resident to get all the answers right, you’ll get a £10 voucher at the super Fair Trade at St Michael’s in Cornmarket.