Dear Oxford Fair Trade Coalition Members and friends,
How can you help ensure that the people who produce our food, clothes and more have a better chance of making a decent living? One way is by getting active with Oxford Fair Trade.
We’d love you to join us in organising events, promoting Oxford’s wonderful fair trade businesses, getting your place of work/worship/study involved, spreading the word, raising funds, influencing decision makers and more.
The Turl Street Kitchen downstairs serves tea, coffee, wine etc (as well as food). The first drink is on us!
PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL TO CONFIRM YOU ARE PLANNING TO ATTEND. If we don’t hear from you we will assume you are not able to join us and if it seems we will not be quorate, we will reschedule the meeting.
Many of you have been unable to join meetings in the past because of their timing on Monday evenings. This year, to give everyone who wants to a chance to participate, every other meeting will be from 4.00-5.30 pm (see new dates below).
As this month’s meeting is an evening one, I will be organising a special consultation meeting during April for those who can only make day-times. We want to find out what would make OFTC work better for you, so that you can work better for fair trade.
Most of our meetings will now be held at Oxford Hub. But we’d also like to offer you the opportunity to host a meeting – and perhaps showcase your own fair trade work. Can you host our July 9th meeting?
We’re also exploring the possibility of enabling you to dial in – for example using Skype – if you can’t be there in person. We’ll confirm nearer the time.
The dates for the 2018 Steering Group Meetings are:
26th March (6.30-8.00 pm – Oxford Hub)
9th July (4.00-5.30 pm – TBC – would you like to host this meeting?)
1st October (6.30-8.00 pm – Oxford Hub)
10th December (4.00-5.30 pm – Oxford Hub)
The next AGM will be in January 2019 – date and venue TBC
- Minutes – approve minutes of last meeting
- Inclusiveness – what more can we do to make Oxford Fair Trade as welcoming as possible for all?
- Action groups – volunteers to take forward events, marketing, fundraising, advocacy etc.
- Membership – discuss new membership model proposal which will be presented at the meeting
- Income – your ideas for fundraising so that Oxford Fair Trade can do more and better
- Events – your ideas for events in the coming year
- AOB – Any Other Business… anything else you’d like to raise!
Looking forward to seeing you next Monday evening!
All the best
Chair – Oxford Fair Trade Coalition
Phone: 07773 949 787