Consultation lunch meeting for prospective, new and returning members
Date: Monday 18th June
Venue: Common Ground 37-38 Little Clarendon St, Oxford OX1 2HU
Come along to hear what the Oxford Fair Trade Coalition can do for you, your fair trade business or organisation – and let us know what you would like from us. Find out how you can be part of the great fair trade debate and help to sustain the growing movement of treating trade as a way of benefiting everybody rather than just a few shareholders.
Whether you are a lapsed member or have never been part of OFTC before, we think you will be inspired and enthused by our new member offer. These include:
- Opportunity to showcase your business or organisation at One World Fair on November 3rd – this year with a stronger emphasis on fair trade, with talks, fashion show, food stalls – promoted city-wide by Oxford City Council.
- Quarterly meetings now alternate between evenings and daytime and are held mainly at the lively, inviting Oxford Hub above Turl Street Kitchen, where you will get your first drink free.
- Being promoted by Oxford City Council and through OFTCs growing social media base – website, Facebook, Twitter etc and be part of joint publications promoting fair trade in Oxford
- A chance to be part of the wider international debate on fair and ethical trade – for example by getting early alerts about our events, featuring high profile, expert speakers and being invited to make your voice heard in advocacy campaigns
- Having a line of communication to Oxford City Council about the needs and concerns of fair trade businesses and organisations in the city
- …and lots more!
We very much look forward to seeing you and hearing YOUR ideas about how Oxford Fair Trade can help you – and vice versa.
A light lunch will be provided. Please RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
Common Ground is a café and free social workspace with really great tea and coffee and a friendly warm welcome. It also has games, group meetings and classes, such as yoga.
All the best