As part of Fairtrade Fortnight we’re inviting groups across the city and beyond to run Fairtrade bunting making activities.
- You can order packs of blank bunting from the Fairtrade Foundation (up to 110 triangles worth free)
- Our simple Oxford handout (coming soon) gives you ideas on how to decorate the bunting
- The Fairtrade Foundation action guides for Schools, Churches and Community Groups are packed with information on Fairtrade and Fairtrade Cotton that you can use to run talks and other activities as part of a bunting decoration workshop – sharing the message that Fairtrade makes an essential difference to lift producers out of poverty – and to talk about the importance of a fairer system of global trade.There are also resources for businesses available from the Foundation.
- Display your bunting, along with posters and flyers (also available from the Fairtrade Foundation in the Event Pack) throughout Fairtrade Fortnight. Show off how your school, church, college, community group or workplace is committed to Fairtrade.Send us some photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can feature them in a photo gallery and share with the local press to show the support for Fairtrade from across Oxford.
- At the end of Fairtrade Fortnight, come to our landmarks event taking place in central Oxford. Register to take part with the form below or e-mail email@example.com
We will be wrapping Oxford landmarks in Fairtrade bunting to tell everyone in the city we’re proud of being a Fairtrade City.
- After our landmarks event all the bunting will be sent to the Fairtrade Foundation who will be taking it to Brussels to break the world record for the longest length of hand-decorated bunting ever – and taking the Fairtrade message direct into Europe.
What are you planning?